Are you ready for a pop quiz? Don’t freak out, you won’t be graded, and we will even give you all the answers. So feel free to just take your best shot at the answers and see what you know and what you don’t about BMW Cincinnati and the services they provide.
Who is BMW?
BMW is a German luxury automotive brand and manufacturer with over a century of experience. BMW is an abbreviation of the company’s full name Bayerische Motoren Werke or Bavarian Motor Works. Founded in 1916, there is not much this company has not seen, and with all that experience comes a comprehensive knowledge of what society needs and what drivers want. When it comes to automotive excellence and efficiency, BMW has always been a frontrunner.
What Kind of Vehicles Does BMW Provide?
BMW provides all types of modes including sedans, coupes, convertibles, SAVs, plug-in hybrids, electric cars, and performance vehicles; each one at the peak of efficiency. You will often be able to tell what class of vehicle it is by the number and letter correlation. For example, “i” vehicles are electric cars and “m” vehicles are for performance.
What Do the Sedans, Coupes, and Convertibles Look Like?
The BMW 2 is a luxury coupe or convertible that starts at $35,300 and measures to be 175″ L x 70″ W x 56″ H. The max horsepower is 248, and the max mpg is 35 highway.
The BMW 3 is a luxury sedan that starts a $45,000 and measures to be 179-190″ L x 72″ W x 57-59″ H. The horsepower can range from 248 to 320 hp with a fuel economy of 33 mpg highway.
The BMW 4 just like the BMW 2 can come in either a luxury coupe or convertible and measures to be 183″ L x 72″ W x 54-55″ H. The mileage can range anywhere from 248 to 320 hp, and the max fuel economy is 34 mpg highway.
The BMW 5 has a luxury sedan design, starts a $53,400, and measures to be 195″ L x 74″ W x 58″ H. The max hp offered by this model is 335 hp and the max fuel economy is an impressive 36 mpg highway.
The BMW 6 is a sporty luxury coupe that starts off at $70,300 and measures to be 197-201″ L x 75″ W x 55-61″ H. The horsepower for this model ranges from 315 to 445 hp, and you can get up to 29 mpg highway.
The BMW 7 is a luxury sedan that has a starting cost of $83,650, and measures to be 207″ L x 75″ W x 58″ H. The horsepower range for this model is thrilling with 320 to 600 hp and the fuel economy is a fair 28 mpg highway.
What is an SAV?
SAV stands for Sports Activity Vehicle and is BMWs umbrella term for SUVs and crossovers. These are basically vehicles that provide optimal versatility and convenience while on the road with their seamless blend of power and style.
The BMW X1 is a luxury SAV that begins at $33,900 and measures to be 175″ L x 72″ W x 63″ H with 58.7 ft³ in max cargo space. The horsepower produced by this model is 228 hp, and the fuel economy is 32 mpg highway.
The BMW X2 is a luxury SAV that starts at $36,400 and measures to be 172″ L x 72″ W x 60″ H with 50.1 ft³ in cargo space as long as all seats are down. The horsepower for this model is the same as the BMW X1 with 228 hp with a fuel economy is 31 mpg highway.
The BMW X3 is a luxury SAV that has a starting price of $41,000 and measures to be 186″ L x 74-75″ W x 66″ H with a max cargo area with 62.7 ft³ of space. The horsepower for this model ranges from 248 to 355 hp, and the fuel economy is 30 mpg highway.
The BMW X4 is a luxury SAV with a starting value of $50,450 and measures to be 188″ L x 76″ W x 64″ H with a max of 50.5 ft³ of cargo space.
The BMW X5 is a luxury SAV that will begin with a starting price of $60,700 and measures to be 194″ L x 79″ W x 69″ H with a cargo space that can manage 72.3 ft³ of items. The horsepower for this model ranges from 335 to 456 hp and can tow up to 6,600 pounds.
The BMW X6 is a luxury SAV that has an MSRP of $63,550 and measures to be 194″ L x 78″ W x 67″ H with a 59.7 ft³ of max cargo space. The horsepower for this model ranges from 300 to 445 hp, and it can tow up to 6,000 pounds.
Is BMW Eco-Friendly?
Without a doubt. BMW has always been invested in building smarter vehicles and at this time produces both plug-in hybrids as well as two electric vehicles.
- MSRP: $44,450
- Battery: 33 kWh 353 V lithium-ion
- Battery charge time: 5h at 220V, 0.75h at 440V
- Range: 114 mi battery-only, 180 mi total
- Seating: 4
- MPGe: 129 city / 106 highway
- MSRP: From $147,500
- Battery: 11.6 kWh 355 V lithium-ion
- Battery charge time: 2h at 220V
- Range: 18 mi battery-only
- Seating: 2, 4
- MPGe: 76 combined
- Horsepower: 369 hp
- Torque: 420 lb-ft
Is BMW Performance Ready?
BMW is all about efficiency of performance and has even played a part in creating some of the best racing vehicles. The BMW M Series was designed specifically for performance with effortless and high-powered acceleration capabilities.
- BMW M2 405 hp (0-60 in 4 sec)
- BMW M3 425 to 453 hp (0-60 in 3.9 sec)
- BMW M4 425 to 454 hp (0-60 in 4.1 sec)
- BMW M5 600 hp (0-60 in 3.2 sec)
- BMW M6 560 to 600 hp (0-60 in 4.1 sec)
What are Some Interesting Facts about BMW?
- The current headquarters for BMW is actually shaped like a four-cylinder engine
- Up until 1945 BMW also produced aircraft engines which had record-breaking speed
- After Germany was forbidden from producing warplanes and warplane engines in accordance with the Treaty of Versailles after World War One, BMW was forced to expand its serves to automobiles.
- In 1937 BMW broke another record for the fastest motorcycle
- BMW still enjoys being involved in other transportation methods such as the aerospace and train industries from time to time
- BMW still manufactures classic parts for those who still enjoy their older models
- BMW has always been ahead of its time as an innovator of aerodynamics and electric cars
- BMW was almost in the same corporate family as the Mercedes around the 1950s
- BMW actually had a large hand in the creation of the Lamborghini
- BMWs distinctive split-grille design is also known as a kidney grille
At BMW Cincinnati we have all the information you need to help you find the ideal BMW for you. BMW is made on efficiency, and that is why we at BMW Cincinnati prioritize efficiency in our service. So we hope you passed the test, but even if you didn’t, we hope you learned something new about how wonderfully brilliant BMW vehicles can be.